Home Loan Application Checklist – Items needed for Loan Application
Employment and Income Documentation:
• Provide your last 30 days of pay stubs.
• Provide W-2’s for the past two years.
• Provide all pages and schedules of last two years personal federal tax returns, please sign page two.
• If retired, provide benefit award letter, last two years 1099’s, and all pages and schedules of last two years tax returns
• If any rental income is received, provide copy of current lease agreement and two years tax returns
• If VA and active duty personnel copy of Statement of Service Letter and Off Base Housing Authority Letter
Proof of Assets Information
• Provide ALL pages of most recent 2 months statements for all accounts listed in assets section of loan application; including all
checking, savings, stocks, IRA, 401k, etc.
• If funds to close will come from a gift, complete the gift letter and the following: (see gift requirements)
a. from the donor – a front and back copy of the cleared check from the donor’s account
b. from the borrower – a copy of the deposit slip showing the gift check deposited into your account, and a stamped balance
statement from the depositors bank
• If funds to close will come from sale of home, copy of Hud-1 from sale of home and deposit slip showing proceeds deposited into
• Copy of driver’s license or passport AND social security card or green card
• If you have obligations due to legal actions, for example child support, bring in any judicial decree
• If applicable, a full copy of bankruptcy papers, including all schedules and discharge, we will also need a credit explanation letter
explaining the circumstances which caused your bankruptcy and include how this circumstance has been corrected
• If you are a Veteran, or a spouse of a deceased Veteran you need a Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of VA DD214
• Obtain a new homeowners insurance policy within 96 hours of loan application.
• If you have an American Express Card, provide copy of most recent monthly statement(s)
Self Employed or Business Owners
• Provide all pages and schedules of last two years business tax returns and corporate K-1’s
• Letter from CPA verifying currently self-employed for the last two years
• If more than 25% ownership of a corporation, please provide two years of Corporate Tax Returns
• Copy of business license
For Refinance Transactions
• A copy Mortgage Statement for all properties listed on tax returns
• Copy of the “Note” or “Adjustable Rate Note” (This information can be found in your previous loan closing documents)
• Provide HUD-1 settlement statement if you obtained a purchase money second at the time of purchase.
Considering Buying or Selling a Home? Need a referral for a great loan-officer whom you would be in great hands with? Contact me; I can help!
Amy S. Arey, Realtor | Halo Group Realty, LLC | 214.901.1341-Cell